Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Al-Anon - Middlebury -Meets Thursday evenings at the Community Cottage on Seymour St., Middlebury. For those with family members or friends struggling with alcoholism. Open discussion, no smoking. 8:00-9:00 p.m. The hotline for AA is 388-9284. The Al-Anon/Alateen Web site is at www.alateen.org.
- Al-Anon - Vergennes Beginner Family Group - Meets Mondays at the Vergennes Congregational Church, South Water St. in the manse next to the church. For those with family members or friends struggling with alcoholism. Open meeting, all welcome. 7:30 p.m.
- Narcotics Anonymous - Meetings at the Community Cottage, Seymour Street, Middlebury on Fridays at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 7:30 p.m. Open to everyone. The hotline for NA is (802) 773-5575.
- Vermont Department of Health's Division of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Programs - 700
Exchange St., Middlebury. 388-4678. The purpose of this organization is to inform, educate, and refer relative to alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs. If you want information about alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs or are concerned about the relationship you or someone you love has with alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs, please e-mail Adrienne at [email protected]state.vt.us.
Other Kinds of Help
- Addison County Women in Crisis: We work with teens who are experiencing domestic or sexual violence at home or are victims of teen dating violence, sexual harassment, or sexual assault. We also can come to schools to do support groups or presentations on healthy relationships. Please call our hotline at 388-4205. All services are free and confidential.
- Counseling Service of Addison County: Support for all kinds of personal issues. Emergencies: 802-388-7641. Middlebury office: 61 Court Street, 388-4021. Bristol office: 14 School Street, 453-3009. Web site at www.csac-vt.org/main.html.
- Planned Parenthood: Sexuality education. 102 Court Street, Middlebury, 388-2765. Web site at www.plannedparenthood.com.
- Youth Aware: Support for gay and lesbian youth in Addison County. First Tuesdays, 7:00 p.m., Ilsley Library Meeting Room, Middlebury. Coffeehouse and movie ten days later. Sponsored by Outright Vermont (support for gay and lesbian youth age 23 and under). Call 800-GLB-CHAT for more info: Web site at www.outrightvt.org.