June 3 - June 9 , 2002
Monday, June 3
Tuesday, June 4
Wednesday, June 5
- Youth Services Symposium - Wednesday, June 5, 9 a.m. to noon. Cheryl Mitchell, deputy commissioner of the Vermont Agency of Human Services will discuss existing services for youth and the need for additional services. At Middlebury Congregational Church, Seymour Street, Middlebury. Free. Information: 388-7951.
- Vocal/Instrumental Recital - Wednesday, June 5, 7:30 p.m. Music by the multi-talented Miles Miller, vocal tenor and French horn player, along with musical friends. At Vergennes Union High School Auditorium.
- MUHS Pops Concert - Wenesday, June 5, 7:30 p.m. Hear the young musicians of Middlebury Union High School, including the Concert Band, Concert Choir, Jazz Ensemble and Select Choir, plus new compositions by music theory students. Free. Middlebury Union High School, Middlebury.
Thursday, June 6
- Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles Mobile Service Van - Thursday, June 6 and every other Thursday, 9:30 a.m.-2:45 p.m. at Mahady Courthouse, 7 Mahady Court, Middlebury. Written exams, customer service and road tests provided. Information: 828-2000.
- Poetry Workshop - Thursday, June 6, 1 - 2:30 p.m. Free and open to all. Ilsley Library, Middlebury. Information: David Weinstock, 388-7523.
Friday, June 7
Saturday, June 8
Exhibit Opening: ANwSU Student Art - Saturday, June 8, 12:30 - 2 p.m. Exceptional artwork by students in grades K-12. Refreshments, music by Jeff Spencer. At Bixby Library, Vergennes. Exhibit runs through June 28.
Starksboro Community Coffee House - featuring Beth and Nick Kaiser. Saturday, June 8, 7:30 p.m. At Starksboro Village Meeting House, Rte. 116, Starksboro. Plus open microphone. (To sign up for open mike, please call ahead 434-5106 or 434-4254.) Suggested donation: adults $5, children under 12 $3. Coffee, tea, cider and home-baked treats will be available.
Sunday, June 9