How to Cook Chicken Pasta Primavera from Scratch
Italian Pasta Recipes Cookbook
If you’re ready to experience the taste of delicious pasta recipes, look no further than the “Authentic Italian Pasta Recipes by Region” cookbook.
➡️ When you want to cook a very tasty, healthy, and quickly-made dinner, I recommend you try my chicken pasta primavera recipe. It is full of vitamins but also protein, so it will satisfy your hunger accumulated over the day but this will not make you feel guilty because the ingredients of the recipe are very healthy and do not pose a danger to your silhouette! Not to mention that the flavors of the ingredients will create a good mood that will make your evening very pleasant!
➡️ Below are listed the needed ingredients and the cooking methods for my chicken primavera recipe. Enjoy cooking the chicken pasta primavera recipe from scratch!
Chicken Pasta Primavera
Indulge in a symphony of flavors and vibrant colors with Chicken Pasta Primavera, a delightful and refreshing dish that celebrates the abundance of seasonal vegetables. This exquisite recipe combines tender chicken, al dente pasta, and a medley of crisp vegetables, creating a harmonious ensemble that is as visually appealing as it is delicious.
The star of the show, tender chicken breast, adds a savory and protein-packed element to the dish. It pairs perfectly with the fresh and crisp vegetables, providing a delightful contrast in taste and texture. The chicken is cooked to perfection, ensuring moist and succulent bites that blend seamlessly with the other ingredients.
The pasta serves as the comforting backbone of this dish, providing a delightful canvas to showcase the vibrant vegetables and succulent chicken. Choose your favorite pasta shape, whether it be penne, fusilli, or farfalle, and cook it until perfectly al dente. The toothsome texture of the pasta allows it to soak up the flavors of the sauce and provide a satisfying bite in every mouthful.
Speaking of the sauce, Chicken Pasta Primavera boasts a luscious and creamy sauce that brings all the components together. The sauce is a delicate balance of flavors, combining creamy richness with a hint of sophistications. It coats the pasta and vegetables, enveloping them in a velvety embrace that delights the taste buds and creates a cohesive harmony of flavors.
One of the remarkable qualities of Chicken Pasta Primavera is its versatility. While this recipe showcases the classic combination of chicken and vegetables, you can unleash your creativity by incorporating your favorite seasonal produce. Feel free to experiment with different vegetables based on what is available, ensuring a fresh and personalized touch to your dish.
Whether you're looking for a wholesome family meal, an impressive dinner for guests, or simply craving a taste of springtime, Chicken Pasta Primavera is a go-to recipe that will never disappoint. It embodies the essence of the season, capturing the vibrant colors, flavors, and textures that make springtime truly magical.
So, gather your ingredients, prepare your palate for a burst of freshness, and embark on a culinary journey that brings together the best of tender chicken, al dente pasta, and a garden-fresh medley of vegetables. With Chicken Pasta Primavera, you'll savor the taste of spring with every forkful, indulging in a dish that is as comforting as it is uplifting.
Print Recipe Pin Recipe
Prep Time 10 minutes mins
Cook Time 20 minutes mins
Total Time 30 minutes mins
Course Main Course
Servings 6 servings
- 500/17 g/oz skinless boneless chicken breast
- 300/10 g/oz penne pasta (you can use other pasta types as well)
- 150/5.5 g/oz zucchini, thinly sliced
- 150/5.5 g/oz cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 100/3.5 g/oz yellow onions, very finely wedged
- 100/3.5 g/oz green peas (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, very finely minced, chopped, or crushed
- 150/5.5 g/oz grated Parmesan
- 200/7 g/oz sour cream (20% fat)
- salt and ground white pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano powder
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves (1 tbsp for garnishing)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Bring to boil a pot with salted water, add the pasta and boil it al dente (undercooked) according to instructions on the package, then drain the water well and set it aside.
Bone the chicken breast if needed, cube it into medium pieces, pour oil into a skillet, wait to heat up, then add the chicken breast, season with some salt, and fry it over a medium temperature until bleached.
Add the onion, garlic, zucchini, tomatoes, and peas to the skillet and simmer the ingredients for about 5 minutes or until slightly roasted.
Pour half a glass of water into the skillet to stop frying and deglaze the skillet, add dried oregano, white pepper, and half of the fresh basil leaves, then simmer ingredients for 2-3 minutes or until the water is very low.
Add the heavy cream to the skillet, stir the ingredients, and simmer them just to bring to a boil (1-2 minutes), then stop the heat.
Add the boiled pasta to the skillet, mix the ingredients well, then sprinkle grated Parmesan into a layer and place the lid on the skillet to make a melted crust.
Remove the lid, sprinkle some fresh basil leaves over the chicken primavera and serve it immediately.
- Cook the Vegetables Al Dente: When sautéing or blanching the vegetables for your Chicken Pasta Primavera, be mindful of the cooking time. Aim to cook the vegetables until they are just tender but still retain a slight crispness. This will ensure they maintain their vibrant color, texture, and nutrients, adding a delightful crunch to your dish.
- Season Generously: To enhance the flavors of your Chicken Pasta Primavera, don’t shy away from seasoning. Use a generous amount of salt and pepper at each stage of cooking, from seasoning the chicken to seasoning the vegetables and sauce. This will help to bring out the natural flavors of the ingredients and create a well-balanced and savory dish.
- Use Homemade or High-Quality Chicken Stock: If you’re using chicken stock in your sauce, consider using homemade stock or opting for a high-quality store-bought variety. A rich and flavorful stock will elevate the taste of the sauce, adding depth and complexity to the overall dish. If you don’t have chicken stock on hand, you can use a combination of chicken broth and white wine for a delicious alternative.
- Reserve Pasta Water: When draining the cooked pasta, remember to reserve a small amount of the pasta water. The starchy pasta water can be used to adjust the consistency of the sauce, making it creamier and helping it adhere better to the pasta and vegetables. Add the pasta water gradually, as needed, while tossing the ingredients together.
- Finish with Fresh Herbs: Just before serving your Chicken Pasta Primavera, garnish it with a generous handful of fresh herbs. Fresh herbs like basil, parsley, or chives add a burst of freshness, aroma, and vibrant flavors to the dish. Chop the herbs finely and sprinkle them over the top, allowing their fragrant notes to complement and enhance the overall taste experience.
Keyword chicken pasta primavera, chicken pasta recipe
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
As you found this post useful...
Follow us on social media!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Final Notes for the Chicken Pasta Primavera Recipe
➡️ Even if the recipe is very simple and does not require advanced cooking techniques or sophisticated ingredients, below are some tips to get the best results when cooking chicken pasta primavera:
- if you have only chicken breast with skin and bone do not panic, here’s how to debone a chicken breast
- cut the chicken breast into medium cubes for optimal cooking
- cut the onion thinly so as not to feel unpleasant pieces in the final preparation
- slice zucchini into medium pieces, we really want to feel its texture
- use fat sour cream to make a creamy white sauce that goes perfectly with boiled pasta
- leave the tomatoes whole if they are small
- frozen green peas can be replaced with other frozen vegetables such as French green beans or broccoli – the result will be just as delicious
- don’t have frozen vegetables? No problem, you can use canned mushrooms instead!
- cover the pan with a lid after you sprinkle the grated cheese, you will create an extremely delicious crust
- grate the Parmesan cheese with a coarser texture, and the crust will be tastier
➡️ Enjoy cooking chicken pasta primavera from scratch! For additional info, read more on pasta primavera! Also, I recommend you more delicious chicken pasta recipes available on this website such as chicken Alfredo pasta. Many more Italian pasta recipes are featured in my cookbooks Authentic Italian Pasta Recipes by Region, Best Italian Recipes: Italian Cookbook for Beginners, and Discovering Italian Cuisine: A Delightful Culinary Tour of Italian Recipes. Other tasty pasta recipes can be found in the cookbooks Cooking Spaghetti: 40 Mouth-Watering Spaghetti Recipes and Cooking One-Pot Pasta: Delicious, Easy, and Healthy Pasta Recipes for Busy Home Cooks.
FAQs about Chicken Pasta Primavera
What is Chicken Pasta Primavera?
Chicken Pasta Primavera is a delightful and refreshing dish that combines tender chicken, al dente pasta, and a medley of crisp vegetables. It celebrates the abundance of seasonal vegetables and embodies the essence of springtime.
What vegetables can I use in Chicken Pasta Primavera?
You can use a variety of vegetables in Chicken Pasta Primavera, such as bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, peas, zucchini, or asparagus. Feel free to customize the dish based on your preferences and the availability of seasonal produce.
Can I use different types of pasta for this recipe?
Yes, you can use different types of pasta for Chicken Pasta Primavera. Traditionally, penne or fettuccine are commonly used, but you can experiment with other pasta shapes like bowtie, rotini, or shells based on your preference.
Can I make Chicken Pasta Primavera ahead of time?
While it’s best to enjoy Chicken Pasta Primavera fresh, you can make certain preparations ahead of time. You can pre-cook the pasta, chop the vegetables, and even marinate the chicken in advance. When ready to serve, simply sauté the chicken, cook the vegetables, and toss everything together with the sauce.
Can I make a vegetarian version of Pasta Primavera?
Absolutely! If you prefer a vegetarian version, you can omit the chicken and add extra vegetables or substitute it with tofu or plant-based protein alternatives. The dish will still be flavorful and satisfying.
What kind of sauce is used in Chicken Pasta Primavera?
Chicken Pasta Primavera is typically coated in a luscious and creamy sauce. The sauce combines creamy richness with a hint of tanginess, complementing the flavors of the chicken, pasta, and vegetables.
Can I customize the seasoning in Chicken Pasta Primavera?
Yes, you can customize the seasoning in Chicken Pasta Primavera based on your taste preferences. You can add herbs like basil, parsley, or oregano to enhance the flavors. Don’t forget to season generously with salt and pepper at each stage of cooking.
Is Chicken Pasta Primavera a healthy dish?
Chicken Pasta Primavera can be a healthy dish, especially when incorporating an abundance of fresh vegetables and using lean cuts of chicken. It offers a balanced combination of protein, carbohydrates, and nutrients. However, portion sizes and ingredient choices should be considered for personal dietary needs.
Related Chicken Pasta Recipes and Culinary Articles
Classic Chicken Alfredo Pasta Could Easily Become The Memorable Recipe For Your Tasty Dinners!
Classic Chicken Alfredo Pasta holds a special place in my culinary repertoire, as it effortlessly…
➡️ Read More
Featured Online Wine Delivery from the Best Online Wine Shops
Do you want to change your life in depth?
📖 Cooking article by
Gourmet Cooking Girl
Pasta primavera sauce is a very simple sauce made by combining chicken broth, parmesan cheese, cream, salt, pepper, and basil. You can also leave off the sauce and simply toss the pasta and veggies in a little olive oil or melted butter, fresh parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper.Why is pasta primavera a spring dish? ›
In Italian, primavera means spring, and this classic warm-weather dish is surely a favorite this time of year on account of its celebration of all things light and fresh. It takes little more than vibrant seasonal vegetables to make a meal primavera style, but most traditional interpretations pair it with pasta.How do you reheat frozen pasta Primavera? ›
Microwave: transfer to a microwave safe dish and add splash of milk or water. Microwave for one minute, stir, then continue to heat at 30 second intervals until warmed through. Stove: For larger portions, reheat pasta on the stove over medium-low, stirring frequently until warmed through.How many calories are in 4 pieces of boiled chicken? ›
There are 109 calories in 4 medium slices of Chicken Breast.
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|
|Total Sugars||6 g|
What is pasta primavera? With this dish, it's very much spring by name, spring by nature. Pasta primavera makes the most of the first vegetables of spring: typically asparagus, broad beans, peas and spring onions, although some versions incorporate courgette, broccoli and even fresh tomatoes.What dough is pasta made of? ›
With just 2 ingredients- flour and eggs- and 15 minutes initial hands on time, use fresh pasta dough to make fettuccini, pappardelle, ravioli and more. For timing, the process is broken up into 3 parts: making the dough, rolling the dough into pasta sheets, and cutting the pasta into noodles.How many calories are in chicken penne primavera? ›
Bremer Chicken Penne Primavera (1 serving) contains 45g total carbs, 41g net carbs, 7g fat, 22g protein, and 340 calories.How many carbs are in chicken Primavera? ›
Healthy Choice Chicken Pasta Primavera (1 meal) contains 29g total carbs, 24g net carbs, 2.5g fat, 20g protein, and 220 calories.
Per Serving: 360 calories; calories from fat 35%; fat 14.1g; saturated fat 3.9g; mono fat 4.4g; poly fat 5.6g; protein 15.9g; carbohydrates 43.3g; fiber 2.1g; cholesterol 18mg; iron 3.7mg; sodium 613mg; calcium 210mg.How many calories are in Olive Garden Pasta Primavera? ›
Olive Garden Zoodles Primavera Dinner (1 serving) contains 26g total carbs, 20g net carbs, 49g fat, 10g protein, and 570 calories.