The Most Active Options page highlights the top 500 symbols (U.S. market) or top 200 symbols (Canadian market) with high options volume. Symbols must have a last price greater than 0.10. We divide the page into three tabs - Stocks, ETFs, and Indices - to show the overall options volume by symbol, and the percentage of volume made up by both calls and puts.
Options information is delayed 15 minutes.
Site Members may opt-in to receive an End-of-Day Email report of the top Stocks, ETFs, and Index symbols found on the Most Active Options pages. The End-of-Day Email digests are sent at 5:30 PM CT, Monday through Friday. Barchart Premier Members may also receive the same reports at mid-day (noon CT) for a closer look at daily developments.
The Main View contains the following fields:
- Last: The last trade price of the underlying asset.
- Change: The difference between the underlying asset's current price and the previous day's settlement price.
- %Chg: The difference between the underlying asset's current price and the previous day's settlement price expressed as a percentage.
- IV Rank:
- Options Volume: The total options volume traded today across all options for the underlying Stock or ETF.
- % Put: The percentage of the total options volume that are put options.
- % Call: The percentage of the total options volume that are call options.
- Put/Call Vol: The ratio of put options traded divided by call options traded. Typically a put/call ratio for stocks above 0.7 is considered a bearish signal as more traders are buying puts rather than calls. This implies that investors are anticipating the underlying stock to decrease in value. Conversely a put/call ratio for stocks below 0.7 is typically considered a bullish signal as more traders are buying calls rather than puts. This implies that investors are anticipating the underlying stock to increase in value. The more extreme the put/call ratio, the stronger the conviction of investors as to the potential move.
For pages showing Intraday views, we use the current session's data with new price data appear on the page as indicated by a "flash". Stocks: 15 minute delay (Cboe BZX data for U.S. equities is real-time), ET. Volume reflects consolidated markets. Futures and Forex: 10 or 15 minute delay, CT.
The list of symbols included on the page is updated every 10 minutes throughout the trading day. However, new stocks are not automatically added to or re-ranked on the page until the site performs its 10-minute update.
For reference, we include the date and timestamp of when the list was last updated at the top right of the page.
Pages are initially sorted in a specific order (depending on the data presented). You can re-sort the page by clicking on any of the column headings in the table.
Most data tables can be analyzed using "Views." A View simply presents the symbols on the page with a different set of columns. Site members can also display the page using Custom Views.
Each View has a "Links" column on the far right to access a symbol's Quote Overview, Chart, Options Quotes (when available), Barchart Opinion, and Technical Analysis page. Standard Views found throughout the site include:
- Main View: Symbol, Name, Last Price, Change, Percent Change, High, Low, Volume, and Time of Last Trade.
- Technical View: Symbol, Name, Last Price, Today's Opinion, 20-Day Relative Strength, 20-Day Historic Volatility, 20-Day Average Volume, 52-Week High and 52-Week Low.
- Performance View: Symbol, Name, Last Price, Weighted Alpha, YTD Percent Change, 1-Month, 3-Month and 1-Year Percent Change.
- Fundamental View: Available only on equity pages, shows Symbol, Name, Market Cap, P/E Ratio (trailing 12 months). Earnings Per Share (trailing 12 months), Net Income, Beta, Annual Dividend, and Dividend Yield.
Note: For all markets except U.S. equities, fundamental data is not licensed for downloading. Your .csv file will show "N/L" for "not licensed" when downloading from a Canadian, UK, Australian, or European stocks page.
- Mini-Chart View: Available for Barchart Plus and Premier Members, this view displays 12 small charts per page for the symbols shown in the data table. You may change the bar type and time frame for the Mini-Charts as you scroll through the page. The default settings for Mini-Charts are found in your Site Preferences, under "Overview Charts".
- Pre-Post Market Data: Available for Barchart Plus and Premier Members, this view will show any pre- or post-market price activity for U.S. equities only.
View Symbol More Data (+)
Unique to Barchart.com, data tables contain an option that allows you to see more data for the symbol without leaving the page. Click the "+" icon in the first column (on the left) to view more data for the selected symbol. Scroll through widgets of the different content available for the symbol. Click on any of the widgets to go to the full page. The "More Data" widgets are also available from the Links column of the right side of the data table.
Horizontal Scroll on Wide Tables
Especially when using a custom view, you may find that the number of columns chosen exceeds the available space to show all the data. In this case, the table must be horizontally scrolled (left to right) to view all of the information. To do this, you can either scroll to the bottom of the table and use the table's scrollbar, or you can scroll the table using your browser's built-in scroll:
- Left-click with your mouse anywhere on the table.
- Use your keyboard's left and right arrows to scroll the table.
- Repeat this anywhere as you move through the table to enable horizontal scrolling.
Also unique to Barchart, Flipcharts allow you to scroll through all the symbols on the table in a chart view. While viewing Flipcharts, you can apply a custom chart template, further customizing the way you can analyze the symbols. Flipcharts are a free tool available to Site Members.
Note: Flipcharts, unlike the full-page chart or Dashboard, does not stream updated data to the chart.
Download is a free tool available to Site Members. This tool will download a .csv file for the View being displayed. For dynamically-generated tables (such as a Stock or ETF Screener) where you see more than 1000 rows of data, the download will be limited to only the first 1000 records on the table. For other static pages (such as the Russell 3000 Components list) all rows will be downloaded.
Free members are limited to 1 site download per day. Barchart Plus Members have 10 downloads per day, while Barchart Premier Members may download up to 250 .csv files per day.
Note: Due to licensing restrictions, Canadian fundamental data cannot be downloaded from Barchart.com. You will see "N/L" in a downloaded column when this is the case.
Should you require more than 250 downloads per day, please contact Barchart Sales at 866-333-7587 or email email@example.com for more information or additional options about historical market data.
As a seasoned financial analyst with a deep understanding of market dynamics and trading strategies, I bring a wealth of experience to the table. Over the years, I have closely monitored and analyzed various financial instruments, including stocks, ETFs, and indices, with a keen focus on options trading. My expertise extends beyond theoretical knowledge, encompassing practical insights gained through hands-on experience in financial markets.
Now, diving into the content you provided about the Most Active Options page, let's break down the key concepts mentioned:
Most Active Options Page:
- Highlights the top 500 symbols for the U.S. market or top 200 symbols for the Canadian market with high options volume.
- Symbols must have a last price greater than 0.10.
- Divided into three tabs: Stocks, ETFs, and Indices.
- Displays overall options volume by symbol and the percentage of volume made up by both calls and puts.
- Options information is delayed by 15 minutes.
- Site Members can opt-in to receive an End-of-Day Email report of the top Stocks, ETFs, and Index symbols found on the Most Active Options pages.
- Reports are sent at 5:30 PM CT, Monday through Friday.
- Barchart Premier Members may receive mid-day reports at noon CT.
Main View Fields:
- Last: The last trade price of the underlying asset.
- Change: The difference between the current price and the previous day's settlement price.
- %Chg: The percentage change between the current price and the previous day's settlement price.
- IV Rank: Represents the implied volatility rank.
- Options Volume: Total options volume traded today across all options for the underlying Stock or ETF.
- % Put: The percentage of total options volume that are put options.
- % Call: The percentage of total options volume that are call options.
- Put/Call Vol: The ratio of put options traded divided by call options traded.
- Used as a signal for market sentiment.
- A ratio above 0.7 is considered bearish, indicating more traders buying puts, anticipating a decrease in the underlying stock value.
- A ratio below 0.7 is considered bullish, suggesting more traders buying calls, anticipating an increase in the underlying stock value.
- Intraday views use current session data, with new price data appearing on the page indicated by a "flash."
- Stocks have a 15-minute delay (Cboe BZX data for U.S. equities is real-time), ET.
- Volume reflects consolidated markets.
- The list of symbols is updated every 10 minutes.
- Pages are initially sorted in a specific order.
- Users can re-sort the page by clicking on column headings.
- Different data tables can be analyzed using "Views."
- Standard Views include Main View, Technical View, Performance View, Fundamental View, and Mini-Chart View.
Horizontal Scroll on Wide Tables:
- Some custom views may require horizontal scrolling to view all information.
- Allow users to scroll through symbols on the table in a chart view.
- Users can apply custom chart templates.
- Users can download a .csv file for the displayed view.
- Limitations on downloads for free, Plus, and Premier Members based on membership level and data type.
Understanding and utilizing the information on the Most Active Options page can provide valuable insights for traders and investors, allowing them to make informed decisions in the dynamic world of financial markets.